WordPress 2.8 “Baker” was released this week. As always, we recommend you upgrade your installation in the near future if you haven’t already done so. Not only to benefit from the new functionality (see below), but also to make sure your website is not vulnerable to attacks (leading to website defacement, or worse).
If you are using our WordPress update service, we already sent you a message and upgraded your weblog yesterday after testing that the application is fully compatible with our web hosting platform.
* New drag-and-drop widgets admin interface and new widgets API
* Syntax highlighting and function lookup built into plugin and theme editors
* Browse the theme directory and install themes from the admin
* Allow the dashboard widgets to be arranged in up to four columns
* Allow configuring the number of items to show on management pages with an option in Screen Options
* Support timezones and automatic daylight savings time adjustment
* Support IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite Module
* Faster loading of admin pages via script compression and concatenation
If you want to know more, visit http://wordpress.org/development/2009/06/wordpress-28/.
[update: Check http://wordpress.org/development/ regularly as quite soon a new 2.8.1 beta 1 was released.]